Product Review: Manic Panic Infra Red

As I told you guys a little while ago, I planned on dying my hair using Manic Panic's Infra Red. Unfortunately I was unable to record the process for you guys to see(side note: I'm looking for a new camera. If you know of any, let me know). I bought the dye form Sally's Beauty Supply for about $9.99 each. It is vegan product so it doesn't contain the harsh ingredients found in most hair dye. With that being said, it a semi permanent color. If your hair is not already light or chemically lighten,the color won't be as vibrant.
The Prep:
The directions on the jar say to apply on dry clean hair. I detangled and pre-pooed with coconut oil, then shampooed using L'Oreal's Eversleek. Taking an old tshirt, I gently rung out the excess water and twisted my into about 10 chunky twist. I wrapped a dry tshirt around my head and lounged around the house for a few hours, until hair was completely dry.
The Process:
I divided my head into for sections and started in the back. I applied it to ends first then worked my way up. After I finished that piece, I comb through it with a wide tooth comb just to make sure the dye was distributed evenly. I did this to each section. Once my entire head was done, I went back focused on the hair closest to the scalp. Next I gathered all my hair into a bun and put a shower cap on. I left the cap on for 45 minutes, the last 10 minutes  I applied heat to the cap. The directions say to rinse with cool water until the water runs clear, that took about 5 or 6 minutes. I then conditioned using Miss Jessies's Rapid Recovery. I rinsed again and then styled.
The Results:
I like it, not totally in love with it. The color had a deep pink/magenta  undertone that I didn't notice in the jar. I've washed my hair once since I dyed it and there was no change in texture. The downside about this product is the color bleed. Even when sprayed my completely dry hair with water it still bled. Now every time I wet my hair I'm cautious of what I'm wearing and definitely covering the floor(I have little pink dots on the carpet now.lol). It also stained my pillow cases too.

Before
AFTER!!!

2curls1comb

No comments:

Post a Comment