Alba Botanica Acne Dote Astringent Review


Within my first month of buying my Clarisonic, I ran out of acne wash and began using the Deep Cleaning wash that came with my Mia 2. The wash that comes with the Clarisonic did not work with my skin because it is absent of any acne fighting ingredient. So as soon as I realized my face wash have a relapse and breaking out again, I ran to the store and picked up this astringent.
The Acne-Dote Line From Alba
When I approached the counter at the store, I saw all of these products. I originally picked up the astringent thinking it was going to be an acne fighting toner (I had run out of toner and thought it would be like a two in one). Oh boy! I was wrong! I'd wash my face, apply the astringent like a toner all over my face, and then apply my moisturizer. By the fifth day, the Peppermint oil in this product made my skin burn and my eyes water. Shortly after that my skin began to peel! (That's the absolute worst thing ever because I can cover that with makeup!!!) So clearly I stopped using this astringent as a toner.

However I don't think this product is all bad, it really did speed up clearing my break out. So now I just use it as a spot on treatment when a single pimple arises. I don't know if I'll even be able to use this up and be willing to pay another $8 or $9 for it. The only thing from this line I'm willing to try now is the Acne Invisible Treatment Gel, shown below.
With love....
...Steph




2curls1comb

No comments:

Post a Comment