Battle of the Powder Foundations

Hey guys! Today I wanted to take the time to review 3 comparable powder foundations... The three foundations included are the new Loreal True Match Mineral Gentle Mineral Powder (on the left), NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation (in the center), and the Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover Up (on the right). All three foundations, I applied in the same fashion. I moisturize and prime my face, then apply and blend my concealer and lastly I apply the powder foundation in a patting motion with a flat top foundation brush. 


Jumping right in with the Benefit's Hello Flawless Custom Cover Up Powder Foundation... Is by far the high-end of the the three with its price tag at $34.00. The foundation comes in a box with a pamphlet that informs you that if you use a brush to apply the foundation, you'll get an airbrushed finish (like I wanted) whereas if you use a sponge, you'll get a full coverage foundation. The package comes with a make up sponge and a brush for application (but who uses those any).

When I first tried this foundation I was super impressed the finish is much like your natural skin... It truly just makes your skin look healthy... But then one day when I had to use concealer in various areas, I went out to my car and looked in the mirror and I could see the difference between where the concealer was and where it wasn't. That of course was a huge downfall...

Other than that you can get a full days wear out of this foundation... So if you don't have to wear concealer one day or you're in a rush this would be a good foundation...

I'm seriously more impressed with the NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation, with its price at $9.99, it'll save you money and is a strong dupe the the Hello Flawless. Just like the Hello Flawless, Stay Matte But Not Flat has two ways of application the first being with a  brush for a lighter finish and the second being you can wet the foundation for a more full coverage foundation. 

I am truly impressed with this foundation because it has the same staying power as the Hello Flawless and you actually get half a gram more!!! The finish is just like your skin but better and I can never tell where my concealer meets and ends... I definitely prefer this foundation to the Hello Flawless...

The new Loreal True Match Mineral Gentle Powder comes into play because I went to my local Ulta and they were out of my shade of the Stay Matte But Not Flat-_-.  This foundation is a couple dollars more priced at $12.99 and I have to say I will probably be repurchasing this one over the Stay Matte But Not Flat and the Hello Flawless because it will be more readily available... Besides that you get more product 2 more grams than with the Hello Flawless and a gram and a half more than The Stay Matte But Not Flat... Although it doesn't have two ways of application, it's finish is very natural... And it's one that I love, I just wish the compact had a mirror like the other two foundations... It does claim to give 16 hours of wear... I don't know about that but I will say you'll get just as long of wear out of this foundation as the other two. 

All in all I think the Hello Flawless is the only foundation I will not be repurchasing because of its price tag and the fact it really isn't any better in wear, finish or application than the other two foundations. 

With love... 
... Steph

(All prices quoted from Ulta.com)

2curls1comb

No comments:

Post a Comment