Hair of the Day: Danielle's BDay Hair

Now when I normally have my hair straightened it ends up in some lavish bun. Why, you ask? Because my hair doesn't hold a curl worth ish!! No matter how much try to curl (with or without heat) my hair it ends a mess. It either expands outward or falls limp, either way not the look I'm going for.
Exhibit A: On the left my hair about 10 mins after curling my
hair with curling wand. On the right my hair about 4hrs later :/
Exhibit B: My hair 2 hrs after the curling wand.
Ok but not the look I was going for.
Exhibit C: My hair on my bday after sleeping in
curlformersALL NIGHT (hence the over it face)
This time I decided to try used hairspray. I've had no experience with hair hairspray seeing has how I've never used even when I did have relaxed hair. I ended up getting Chi's Enviro 54 Firm Hold Hair Spray, that I used with their 44 Iron Guard. Surprising it worked really well together. I achieved this look by using my Zoe Professional curling wand. This was my third time using the wand and by far my best results. I used the smallest barrel and super small sections. Normally it is said to leave the wand on your hair for only 10 seconds but with my hair I leave on for anywhere between 15-20 seconds and have yet to experience heat damage. I sprayed the 44 Iron spray on the larger sections and once I finished curling every piece in the section I sprayed 54 spray generously. I then scrunched the hair up, pushing it closed towards my scalp. I repeated this throughout my head, then followed up with more 54 spray. Afterwards I put on my bonnet on until I left the house.


On the left is my hair before going out on my bday
(Friday) night. On the right my on Sunday morning!!
As you can see using hairspray worked for me. I know hairspray is full of chemicals found in every curly girls' nightmare, but I planned on washing my hair on Sunday, so the chemicals didn't stay in for long. Don't forget to follow us Instagram to see more Hair of the Day photos.

Peace,
Danielle

2curls1comb

No comments:

Post a Comment