The Bounce Back


If you guys follow us Instagram, you would know that about 2 weeks ago I dye my hair again. In the front of my head I used Dark and Lovely's Golden Blonde and in the back Shea Moisture's Medium Golden Blonde. Unfortunately I ended with some damage in the front. I know should have waited longer in between dying my hair (the last time I dyed it was Thanksgiving), and I'm certain that dying my hair during the coldest time year is not helping me retain moisture. I noticed that most of the damage is on ends and at the moment I'm ready to cut.  Here are a few extra steps I'm taking to nurse my hair back and maximize any possible hair growth.
My hair after dying and conditioning,
 as you can frizz is on 100 and my curls
in the front are not as defined
as they normally are.
Water: Starting from the inside, I want to increase my water intake up to about 60 oz a day. This will help keep my hair hydrated.

Scalp Massage: Daily scalp massage can help improve blood circulation and promote faster hair growth.

Inversion Method: Not too long ago I made a post about the Inversion Method, but I have yet to try it on a consistent basis to see if it actually works.

Deep Condition: Every time I wash my hair I deep condition but I always focus on moisturizing my hair. Now I want make sure add protein treatments into the mix.

Styling: I'm going to cut back on the "outs"(twist out, braid out, etc) and focus more on updos and other styles that protect my ends.

No Heat: During the winter I get extremely annoyed with how long it takes my hair to air dry, which leads me to straighten my hair.

Hopefully all of this will help my hair get some of its spring back and improve some moisture retention. Let me know any of this tips help. Happy growing!!

Peace,
Danielle
  

2curls1comb

No comments:

Post a Comment